...And I'm still getting the run-a-round. Had blood work and another UA done Wednesday. Everything came back negative. I just don't get it anymore. SOMETHING is going on with my body, and the folks at the VA can't figure it out. The lack of communication between the specialty departments kills me...literally!
Went to a hospital that the VA referred me to...an allergy clinic...to see what antibiotics I can take. The doctor there was very professional and helped me more than all of the docs at the VA combined. One thing he said concerned me though. He said that to have so many AB allergies is typical for someone with HIV. I've been tested for that a couple of years ago and came back negative, so I know I don't have it. He asked me if the VA told me what kind of infection they'd found after a culture done, and they never told me. He said it's important to pin-point the type of infection to decide what course of ABs to use...which makes sense. I did ask them what kind of prostatitits I have, and they never answered.
The unnerving aspect of all of this is not knowing wtf is going on, and dealing with this pain. The UAs, scans, etc are coming back negative...not showing anything out of the ordinary. I'd rather they tell me they found something so they can treat and cure it. In other words, according to the VA...I don't have an infection. But the doctor at the allergy clinic said they need to do prostate cultures to detect any infection sometimes...and he's not even a urologist. He was impressed with my knowledge on all of the medical terms and possible causes. He thought I had a medical background.
Oh, if only I can find out once and for all wtf is going on so I can get it properly treated...and start living my life again. I don't want to waste anymore years dealing with medical problems. Been through too much at a young age. I couldn't play basketball in high school due to SVT...and they didn't know what it was or how to treat it until I was about to graduate. But at least they were able to cure it...albeit8 years after it started. I hope this shit doesn't last that long. That'll make me 40 years old..having to deal with pain no one should go through...and problems that would drive any male insane. Oy vey!
Gotta stay strong...but this is a lot to deal with at any age, let alone at 32 years old. One of these days, I'll be able to blog about some exciting and positive things like how my life used to be. This house bound, cabin fever, pain enduring shit is for the birds!
Friday, January 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ARGH!!! I totally hear ya... ANY diagnosis would be a relief at this point, because then they can take steps in a positive direction.
ReplyDelete