Thank GOD for XTube!!! lol
I was going to write about another topic, but it's getting late and I'm tired...so I'm being lazy tonight.
I had a long day today. Had to go to the VA Hospital in University City for physical therapy. I've been having pain on the left side of my groin for about a year now. I'd say out of that year, I've been pain-free for 3 of those months total. I've had my share of physical pain, from being jumped, pistol-whipped, stabbed, choked, and shot...but none of that pain lasted longer than 3 weeks. The other pain I've had was back pain, which lasted off and on since 2005, That went away in 2007 after physical therapy and I was able to lift weights and get fit again. That went to hell on MLK's birthday '08.
I've never been sick like this for so long. Everybody in my family is saying I shouldn't be having this pain for so long. The VA doesn't have a clue as to what's going on, which is disheartening to say the least. My physical therapist told me today that I might have nerve damage, and wants me to have another CAT scan done. Nerve damage makes sense considering all that I've been dealing with. I've been to the ER at the VA at least 7 times last year.
They first thought I had a UTI. Then after taking antibiotics for 5 days, the pain came back. Went back to the ER and told them it felt like my prostate, but they didn't do an exam. Just another UA, and by then the infection spread and I wound up getting epididymitis. They sent me home with 10 days worth of Cipro. A week after that ran out, the pain spread to my whole groin area, bladder, back, and lower stomach muscles. Finally, I went to a private urologist and told him what was going on. (I was occasionally oozing semen after using the bathroom.) The told me I had prostatitis, and gave me some Bactrim...which come to find out I was allergic to. It did some horrible things to me that I won't mention for the sake of the faint of hearted. So I had to take Cipro for a month.
By then it was May. The pain and complications cleared up...until August.
To make a very long story short, I had a reaction to the Cipro in September, so they didn't know what to give me for the infection that, if they would have treated correctly the first time, I would have been alright now. So for a few months I couldn't take any antibiotics. I'm allergic to PCN and that class of antibiotic. So i was left to fend for myself up until November, after going to the ER again. They found a weaker class of AB's that I tolerated.
Went to the urologist at the VA last week to see if I cold get another refill, and they said that whatever is going on with me, the AB's aren't going to help. Which is why I can see it being Nerve damage...if that's the case. I can't even lift more than 15 pounds without my left groin feeling like someone is taking a scalpel to it. A whole year fuck'n wasted. i miss lifting weights, walking at the regional park, walking the dog, just living life.
in the end, I'll be alright I'm sure. I just hope my 33rd birthday'll be better than my 32nd. Gotta stay strong. There are people out there with worse problems than I have.
On a lighter note... Thank GOD for XTube!!! ;)
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awww.... I had no idea.
ReplyDelete